Pasta with Kalamata Olives and Roasted Cherry Tomato Saucegeokon
Roasting the tomatoes concentrates their sweetness.
What to drink: A dry Italian white, such as Pinot Grigio or Soave.
- 2 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- halved 1/3 cup olive oil 5 garlic cloves
- minced 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1/2 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, and crushed red pepper in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes are tender and juicy, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in oregano. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain. Return to pot. Add tomato mixture, olives, and capers.
- Stir over medium heat until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add feta and stir until melted and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta among 6 plates; sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.